Disclaimer: All content on this blog is for informational purposes only. If you use any of this information — you do so with this website’s encouragement to communicate with licensed medical professionals when making decisions about your health, presumably having done your own research, and in full knowledge of this website’s policies. Also, this page includes affiliate links that I use to support my work. At no additional cost than what you buy on your own, I may receive a commission if you make a purchase.
The weirdest thing I’ve learned since removing corn from my daughter’s diet and more corn safe foods entering our household is that my daughter’s allergies match… me. Used to think I was dairy/wheat gluten and she was dairy/wheat gluten/corn.
Like, we removed all corn we found in our home from her diet and environment with a corn allergy support group’s recommendations and she’s back on the right track. So it’d be more accurate to say her food allergies are dairy/wheat&corn glutens.
Then she started reacting to many more things and we removed those — all corn derivatives (like citric acid) and byproducts (synthetics). To make our home safe, we just started filtering all of those items out of our grocery lists and eliminating them from our lives.
I started noticing my own body was happier with the removals for hers. Like, less bloating. Actually getting weight off. Here’s the kicker — removing all polyester has made my migraines I’ve had since 2009 stop.
In addition, cleaning up our home of corn derivatives had the added benefit of keeping my son Eo’s corn intolerance manageable before it became enough of a problem that I recognized the signs.
You might give this list of brands a whirl.
Aubby’s Clean Brand Picks
- Royal Basmati rice (in the burlap sack)
- Food To Live brand beans/legumes (garbanzo, split peas, red lentils, etc., but haven’t tried their dried fruit or grains yet)
- S&W brand organic canned black beans, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans (soaked and rinsed)
- Plantation brand organic unsulphurated blackstrap molasses
- ZenSweet brand Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Aroy-D coconut milk
- various supplements
- Glutathione (CCL Supplements brand – we really had to work up to this but it was worth it for the extra support and energy boost)
- Celtic grey sea salt
- Cryptoleptis (non-alcohol) (HerbEra brand, Secrets Of The Tribe brand)
- Double Wood (essential amino acids, S-acetyl L-glutathione)
- Ecological Formulas brand Vitamin C
- Essential Stacks (digestive enzymes, L-glutamine)
- Garden of Life mykind Organics Oil of Oregano
- George’s aloe
- Jarrow Formulas B-Right Complex
- Mary Ruth brand (zinc, lymphatic cleanse)
- Nature’s Bounty echinacea
- Nature’s Way cascara sagrada
- NOW brand (sunflower lecithin)
- NutriBiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract (liquid regular 33%, liquid maximum 60%)
- Oregon’s Wild Harvest brand (we’ve used their astragalus and ginger; they also have kelp, marshmallow, milk thistle, nettle+quercetin, wormwood…)
- Pure Therapro Rx (has worked for us on A+D3/K2, D3+K2, B12; and they have S-acetyl-glutathione available)
- Pure Supplements Co (chanca piedra, glycine)
- Sovereign Silver Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol
- The only formula out of six she tolerated when she was a baby: Similac Alimentum (RTF – Ready-To-Feed) Hypoallergenic Formula
Entegro Health (online)
- Entegro Flourish live probiotic
Healthy Traditions (online)
- Tropical Traditions Gold Label Label coconut oil
- palm shortening
Touchstone Essentials (online)
- Teffco teff flour
Stores: Aldis, Publix, Whole Foods
- Dakota dried northern beans
- Fremont wild caught fish
- Simply Nature brand:
- Simply Nature Organic 100% Grass Fed Ground Beef
- ground flax
- oil (olive oil, avocado oil)
- canned pinto and black beans, but starting to react more (kidney beans have already been right out)
- We mostly just shop Farmers Market. Can get different things seasonally: cabbage, sweet potatoes, lettuce, cauliflower, carrots, onions, apples… The grass fed+finished meat lady was there today so we got beef too. We also get lamb meat from another vendor.
- An organic produce store might also have items. One near to us has fruit preserves, coconut aminos, and Farmers Market stuff like broccoli when we can’t make it.
- Single spice brands: Frontier, Penzeys, Simply Organic
- Salt: Celtic grey sea salt, coarse pink Himalayan
Bragg’s brand Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother)
- Native Unscented deodorant
- Nature Sustained unscented probiotic shampoo
- Plain Desert Essence shampoo is okay, and the same type conditioner mostly okay for her (not entirely free but least corny I could find)
- Ancient Health Remedies brand Organic Unrefined Raw Mango Butter
- Dr Adorable brand Organic 100% Pure Raww Hemp Seed Butter
- Pure Supplements Co zinc oxide powder
- Redmond Earthpaste Unsweetened, with trace minerals dripped on
- GladRags reusable pads
- Lena Cup
- Voodoo Makeup (the owner is corn allergic/intolerant)
- The Futon Shop is what we used to replace our mattress. (Yes, futons everywhere now.)
- NOW brand oil (castor oil)
- 1/2 C each of Borax, A&H Washing Soda, Bragg’s brand Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother)
- No dryer stuff needed unless wool balls are desired
- Zero water filter pitcher
- Crystal Geyser bottled water poured into safe container
- ProPur filtered shower head
Clothing: 100% materials for clothing of: cotton, cotton denim, linen, untreated wool, twill, cotton flannel, pima cotton, cotton modal is acceptable, ethically sourced leather, etc.